YouTube TV is a subscription streaming service to enjoy popular shows, live sports, movies, and 85 top channels. You can watch the news, comedy shows, movies, and so many popular channels. Today, I’m here to guide you on how you can activate YouTube TV on your device.
YouTube is an online video-sharing and social media platform owned by Google LLC. To access YouTube features on your device, you need to have a Gmail account.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a live TV service with 85 regional channels, cable channels, and sports channels.
Here’s what you get with a YouTube TV subscription:
- Live sports & popular shows
- Unlimited DVR space
- Up to 6 accounts for 1 price
You can watch on all of your devices such as your phone, tablet, computer, or television. YouTube TV also offers YouTube Originals and popular YouTube videos.
Learn more about how to sign up and watch shows, sports, and more on YouTube TV.
Sign up for YouTube TV and activate YouTube
YouTube TV is a paid membership that offers:
- Live TV from major broadcast networks
- Unlimited DVR space
- Popular cable & premium networks
YouTube TV also features programs from YouTube creators, popular YouTube videos, and YouTube Originals. Below is more information on how to get started with YouTube TV.
The steps below will help you sign up and customize a YouTube TV Base Plan.
Step 1: Sign up for YouTube TV
- To sign up, go to tv.youtube.com on a web browser.
- Click the button to begin the free trial.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
Step 2: Confirm your home location
When you sign up for YouTube TV, you’ll be asked to share your zip code. We can also ask you to confirm your location with your device’s location permissions. This will ensure that you have access to the correct local area networks.
If your home zip code appears incorrectly, select I don’t live here and enter your home zip code.
Step 3: Customize your membership
- Review the networks included in your YouTube TV Base Plan. You’ll also see the price of your membership.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
- Add any premium networks to your Base Plan by clicking the circle next to a network. You can add any number of premium networks during your free trial.
- Click Next when you’re satisfied with your selections.
- Confirm the credit card you’d like to use to pay for your membership. You won’t be charged until after your free trial expires, and you can cancel at any time.
- Click Buy to complete the sign-up process.
How to access and activate YouTube on Smart TV?
Activating YouTube on your smart TV is very easy. However, it is worth noting that some TV models are not compatible with YouTube applications. If you can’t find YouTube on your TV, check to see if your device supports it. To enable it, use the link youtube.com/activate to connect your smart TV to YouTube.
- Open the YouTube App on your smart TV.
- On the left side, click on the Gear icon.
- Click sign in
- You will be given an 8-code digit code. Keep the screen open while completing the process.
- Now, go to youtube.com/activate from your pc or phone.
- Enter your Google account information and sign in.
- Enter the 8-digit code.
- Click on Allow access if you see the option.
You can also get the activation code in another way: To do this, you need to activate the “Login” command directly on YouTube. This will also bring up the activation code on the screen. In any standard browser on the computer, let’s go to youtube.com/activate, go to your account or channel, and enter the code you received on the TV. Just click on “Allow” and you can now control the widget directly from the PC to the TV.